Thursday, May 12, 2011

Culture.



Culture: the customs, arts, social institutions, and achievements of particular people, nation, or other social group. The word culture word has begun to bombard us with many questions. A lot of people think culture is just the difference in countries in a physical sense, however, I beg to differ. Having the opportunity to travel across the world a few times, I have seen how America has such a different attitude about a lot of things opposed to Europe for example. Even when I was walking around the streets in London, I was very aware of how more personally conserved people are there. If girls wear skirts there, they always have tights under, same with shorts. Shirts are also always covered in an appropriate way. 
As I was observing all the new perspectives on presenting yourselves there, I noticed I had the upmost respect for them. I think it’s very modest and admirable that they don’t flaunt themselves, even as adolescence. I really wish some teenagers here could go explore the culture there and gain some respect for themselves like the british have. I don’t feel it’s right for teenage girls to expose their bodies just for attention, your body is supposed to be something personal and private. If you can’t respect yourself as an adolescence, I don’t know how far you can really get in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment